Job Posting - Day of Action Fieldworker
The Canadian Federation of Students seeks a Day of Action Fieldworker, based in Halifax, Nova Scotia, to help with organizing the November 8 Student Day of Action in the region.
Type: Part-time position, three-month contract
Salary: Salary of $19.61 per hour
Hours: Flexible, approximately 10-20 per week
The Day of Action Fieldworker shall undertake duties as directed by the Federation's Regional Organizers. Such duties will include but will not be limited to:
● On-campus outreach and promotion;
● Planning and facilitating local organizing committees;
● Volunteer recruitment and training;
● Signing up students for action and involvement;
● Presenting to campus clubs;
● Regular reporting to the CFS provincial office;
● Data entry.
● Enrolled as a student for the Fall 2023 term;
● Strong public speaking ability;
● Experience in campaigns organizing;
● Excellent written and oral communication skills;
● Current and in-depth experience in the student movement in Canada;
● Current and in-depth knowledge of issues facing post-secondary students in Canada and Nova Scotia;
● Experience with the Microsoft Office suite;
● Willingness to travel;
●Written and oral communication skills in French an asset
The Canadian Federation of Students is an employment equity employer. Applications from all qualified candidates are welcome; in particular, applications are encouraged from racialized people, Indigenous people, people with disabilities, queer and trans people, and women.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
Submit resume and/or letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for Application: noon September 1st, 2023